Friday, June 26, 2009

Pompeys v. Nature Part 2: Mountain Biking

Wow! This was something we were not prepared for. On our first full day in Tahoe we wanted to take a bike ride around the lake. I was looking for a nice flat paved path and somehow we found the exact opposite. A lady at an information desk told us we should try the Flume trail. She said that it was super easy, downhill the entire way, and gave the best and most beautiful views of Lake Tahoe. Sign me up! When we got there we found something much different. It was a 15 mile ride, the first four miles up hill, the trails were narrow and rocky, and it was just so hard! We were at 7,500 ft elevation and that 4 mile climb was brutal. Although I felt like I was going to die, the downhill ride was worth it. It was such a beautiful ride and view! I must admit that I wanted to give up a couple of times, but my wonderful husband kept pushing me to continue, and we did it together. It was an amazing experience that I won't soon want to repeat. I do not know how those mountain bikers do it! Here are some picture from the ride.

This is when the path was nice and wide. Not too hard yet.

The first lake we reached after the challenging climb.

We turned a corner and there was Lake Tahoe!
What a ride


2 comments:

. said...

Looks like fun. Way to stay active this summer!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

Robin Krill said...

Haha...ahh the flume trail. I know that one well. My dad and brother would always make me go with them on that one! Glad you guys made it all the way