Thursday, June 25, 2009

These are my students!!!!!!

Moorpark High School, where I work, has an amazing Academic Decathlon team. This competition is like an Olympics of the mind, and our always changing team never wavers on one thing, their determination and drive to be the best. These students, and their amazing coach, spend hours upon hours, studying given material, writing and practicing speeches, and working with one another to be the best. This dedication has won them their fifth National Championship in 10 years! This year one of the perks of being National Champions was meeting OBAMA!!!!!! They met Obama!


That is my Marlena in the blue shirt right by his side. And I had Sol and Scott, that are all the way to the right in the picture. It was so amazing for me to see this picture! They are truly extraordinary!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Go Moorpark High! That is seriously cool.

Robin Krill said...

Oh my gosh...why the heck didn't you coach this year!!!! Haha..not like you don't have enough other stuff going on, but seriously, meeting Obama! Holy Cow that is amazing.

Duez said...

That is totally cool. I have a student that went with his church group in the last couple of weeks. I can't wait to see his pictures.

You should be very proud.