Thursday, June 11, 2009

School's out for Summer...

...School's out forever!

I am so excited! I am done! Today has been a weird day, but mostly I am excited to take a much needed break, and I am proud of what I have accomplished! It has been a sad day as well because I have spent this afternoon saying goodbye to a lot of my friends. I think that it is no surprise that the budget situation in California is horrible, and because of that, public education has been abused. I will really miss my friends, especially Carly and Nevis! It is hard for me to imagine what this campus is going to be like next year! I am not sure I want to think about that right now.

Presently I am sitting in my classroom (I am done but I still have to stay for graduation) thinking about this past year. I accomplished so much and I am really proud of myslef. This was my forth year teaching and in one school year I:

*Ran the AVID Program
*Taught 130 Students
*Organized Prom
*Organized Senior Picnic
*Was Advisor to three different clubs
*Organized the MECha Talent Show
*Planned and went on 3 different fieldtrips
*Went to workshops, meetings, and various other school events
*Graded about 1,500 essays (that is not counting all of the homework, group presentations, etc)

AND

Acted as counselor, teacher, and parent to quite a few kids.


Not to mention, I did this while moving into our first house, and dealing with all of the medical issues I have had this year. I guess it might be in poor taste to go on about what I have done, but I am really truly amazed by all of the teachers that do their job well, because I know so many of them work as hard as me, or harder.
Congratulations fellow teachers, and have a great summer!!!!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Woot, woot! Congratulations on reaching the end of the school year. Now we can get up to some lunch time shenanigans. :-)

Lindsay said...

for sure!!! I am down to pull you away from work! How about we start next week. Tuesday?