Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How rude!

For the most part my classes are very well-behaved. They are very respectful and I like to think that I run a classroom with a pretty good ratio of business and fun. As good as they are when I am there, the transformation that occurs when a substitute is there is unbelievable. I had a half day training today. My sub showed up at 11 but i did not need to be at the district office until 12 so I used my extra time to run around campus and get a bunch of errands done. I was almost done with my errands when the bell after third period rang. About 10 minutes into forth period I was ready to leave and as I walked across the campus I saw half of my forth period just walking around! They should have been in my class and they were just walking around! What! They did not see me so I walked up behind them and stearnly said "I am headed to my classroom. You better beat me there!"

OH MY GOODNESS! You should have seen the fear in there eyes. :) I went back to my class and gave them a piece of my mind. I understand that "when the cat's away.." but I cannot stand when good respectful students forget who they are and take advantage of a sub. I am sure that the sub is not innocent either but I was just so dissapointed in my students.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

And that's why I couldn't teach high school! Those darn whippersnappers.