Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fool's- not as fun as it seem's

I am usually not a prakster, but this year I thought I would play a joke on my AVID class. I had this group of kids last year, I also have them this year, and I will follow with them in the 11th and 12th grade as well. It is really a special class. So Chris and I decided that I would tell them that we were moving and that I would not be their teacher anymore. I thought it was harmless enough. Some would probably jump for joy, while others would be shocked. I had no idea I would get the reaction that I did.
So at the begining of class I made my emotional announcement (I love acting, and I was pretty good when I told them). They were silent. One boy shouted out that it was a joke and in a choked up voice I told him, "I wish it was." He responded with a shocked and sadened face.
I do not know why I thought this would be funny because it was so sad. Four girls in class started crying, while others remained silent and stunned! When I told them April Fool's a few started laughing while the others yelled at me becuase I am so mean. That is the last prank I am pulling. I guess it is nice to know that they love me. I am now preparing for their retaliation :)

No comments: