Monday, July 13, 2009

you made my night

On Saturday I spent most of my day and night doing something I did not want to do. I was one of the judges at the Mr. Moorpark pageant. I have this little problem; when people ask me to do something I can rarely say know. A lady that I work with puts on the Miss Moorpark Pageant and needed me to help with the Mr portion. So I spent a few hours evaluating male students on their speaking skills and the way they worked the stage in a tuxs. It was pretty wierd. On the way home I had to stop by the store to pick up some things for a bbq the next day. As I was walking down an aisle in my dress and hees ( not normal grocery store attire but I had to look nice at the pageant) a lady came down my aisle, tapped me on the shoulder and said, "I just wanted to tell you that you look really sexy." She said it in the sweetest, most non sexual way ever. It is not very often that a stranger tells you that you look sexy, and it is really not often that they can say it with out being creepy or offensive, but it wasn't. It was so sweet. There are times that I see people and think, "wow, what a cute dress" or "She/He looks so nice." I don't know the person, and I think that they will think I am weird. Well forget that. I am going to pay it forward, because that ladies comment in the grocery store made my night!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Chris better watch out!