Sunday, July 26, 2009

A little piece of Greece in Cali

Two summers ago Chris and I went to Greece and we fell in love with it. The beaches, weather, food, music, dancing, and people were all just amazing, and we could see ourselves staying there forever. One night we were in a restaraunt surrounded by local greek people, eating wonderful food and listening to live music. All of the sudden the band began to play a traditional greek song and the diners just threw down their forks and got up to dance. They just stopped eating their lamb and baklava and began to dance with one another. It was right there that i decided this place was amazing. Any place where you can stop what you are doing and start dancing and celebrating with strangers in public, was a place that I liked to be. It was so festive, and fun. No dance floor, just good people and tradition. A wonderful place to be.

Feeling a little nostalgic, I decided to bring a little piece of greece to us. So on Friday night I packed us a picnic dinner and we went out to the beach and transported ourselves back to that wonderful summer. I made some Chicken Gyros with tatziki. yum! It was such a wonderful evening with hubby and puppies and I just love doing things like this during the summertime. A picnic on the beach transported me and made me feel like I was on vacation only 5 minutes from home.
Our Dinner

Dodger and Charlie watching the waves

No comments: