Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Projects, projects, projects

I have been on vacation but feel busier than ever. I really don't know how anything gets done during the school year. We have been working on a few projects around the house. The big thing that we tackled last week was building the patio cover. Okay, so I more supervised than built, but I did paint all of the wood. Chris and my dad did the building after work on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Doesn't it look great! While they were building that I spent the week painting the wood, finishing up on painting our master bedroom, looking for a couple more pieces of furniture for upstairs and adding some touches to our bedroom. It is still far from done, but I am working on it.

I made some silhouettes. I look like a 10 year old in mine :)

I found this piece at an antique store in Ventura and fell in love with it! That is all for now.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Those silhouettes are super cool!Love the calm bedrooms colors. Great job!

Duez said...

Looks great! You are right. I don't know how I'd make it without summer. A lot of my friends teach summer school... how do they get anything done?

Jessica said...

Awww. And you doubted their ability to build that patio cover . . .