Monday, March 9, 2009

Things I've never done before #3- Indoor Soccer

I have been going to a new Gym latley and one night during my Wednesday night class I got to talking to one of the girls. She looked really familiar and we came to find out that we both used to play soccer in Oxnard. After a little more chatting she invited me to play on her Women's indoor soccer team that started yesterday. My gut reaction was "No way! I am old and out of shape." But since I am trying to be a yes man I forced myself to accept her invitation. Yesterday was our first game and I was so nervouse. I am no where near soccer shape and I knew it was going to be rough. I have also never played indoor before so I didn't know how different it would be. I must say that I had a lot of fun. It took 8 minutes before I was gasping for air and needed a sub which, okay this might sound sad, I was pretty impressed with. I did end up having quite a bit of playing time and I was the only one on my team to score a goal!!!! I scored a goal! It has been a long time since that happened. Unfortunately we lost 8 or 9 to 1, but hey there is always next week. Maybe I'll score two next time :)

No comments: