Friday, March 20, 2009

Things I've never done before #4- Spin-a-holics

So I have been trying to loose a few pounds lately and the excercise is going well. Unfortunately you have to stop eating like a cow when you want to loose weight. I am still working on that part of it. But anyway, I have joined a soccer team and I have been going to the gym. Two wonderful ladies that I work with also go to my gym and they Spin. So, I used to be terrified of spin. I have heard bad things, and I had an akward and degrating experience with a spin instructor back in the day (i'll tell that story another day). But anyway, I decided to give it a try and I love it! I feel so accomplished after a class, and it is really motivating to be in a room of people pushing themselves to the max. I have to admit that one of the reasons I continue to go back is because of the spin-a-holics. These are the people in there tight spandex and fancy spin shoes. They pedal faster than anyone and at moments of extreme exhaustion when everyone is ready to fall off the bike, they yell out a big "Wooooo! Yeah!" as if they are feeding of the pain of those that surround them :) It is so entertaining! There is this one guy that just looks at other people with this condescending smirk as if he is thinking "I am a spin god compared to you" I'm serious. It is so funny! It's like I get excercise and a show all in one!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

People at the gym can be so funny. The other day I saw a man in his 60's running on the treadmill and he was wearing a shirt that said "Old people rock" on the back. Very entertaining stuff.