Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First day: Surprisingly Sweet

Yesterday was a long day!!! I can not stress that enough. I woke up at 5 a.m. was out the door at 6. I spent a whirlwind day with all of my new darlings, 173 to be exact, and then rushed from school (work) to school (masters program). That fun ended at 9:15 pm. As I pulled into the driveway after being gone for over 15 hours, I slinked out of the car and barely made it to the front door. When I didn't think I could make it any further before passing out, I was greeted with a sweet surprise. Chris was waiting with flowers and homemade brownies. Since we didn't get to eat dinner together he wanted us to at least have dessert. It was so sweet, and might I say, super delicious. We talked about our days, and laughed at his new uniform (I wish I took a picture of him in this silly hat), and the tired feeling just went away. It was such a great end to the day.