Thursday, August 13, 2009

People were getting busy in November

One day I played a game and I tried to think of a person I knew with a birthday on every day in August. Example: 10th Grandma, 11th Kim, 12th Dad, 13th Kate. There were very few days that I could not think of one. I know so many special people born in this month, and three more little ones are on there way. One of my friends is in labor right now, i think. So Happy Birthday....

...Grandma
I am so lucky to know my grandparents now, as an adult. As a child they are your grandparents, and they spoil you and love you. Now as an adult, I have been able to get to know her in a whole new way. Happy Birthday!

...Kate and Joanna



My girls!!!! We all went to UCLA, met in England during a summer abroad program six years ago and became fast friends. I live about an hour away from them, but when august hits I know that we will all make time to see one another and celebrate. Love you, Happy Birthday.

...and Daddy


I am definitely a daddy's girl! We are so much alike, and just get each other. My dad has been surrounded by women his entire life (he had three sister, no brothers, and then 3 daughters). I think I may have been the most like a son for him. I am not manly or anything :) just into sports, and doing things with him. I admire his strength, warmth and love, and look to him for so much in my life. I cherish our relationship, and appreciate the strong relationship he has developed with my husband as well. Happy Birthday Dad!

There are so many more on my list, and so to all of you Happy Birthday.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love that picture of us! Such fun times. :) And I love you!

Joanna said...

Love this ode to August birthdays. :-)