Monday, August 24, 2009

Last summer projects

In four days I will be part of the work force again, so besides enjoying the morning walks with my puppies, sleeping in, and getting to lay on the beach on a Wednesday afternoon, I have been trying to finish up some projects around the house. Last Tuesday Kate and Zach came to visit, and she helped me work on my tufted upholstered headboard for the guest bedroom. I wanted to make it in dark brown and I found some really nice brown corduroy on sale. I had seen some tutorials online and thought that it looked fun and pretty easy. It proved to be both. I really liked the way it turned out and it was cheaper than any headboard I had found previously.

The wood and fabric


just fold it over and staple (staple guns are such a fun tool!)


The beautiful buttons Kate made

Done!

The hardest part was getting the buttons on and mounting the entire board to the wall.
Chris helped and we got it mounted in no time.

We have an old dresser that is next on the list of projects. I am going to try to spruce it up with some paint and new hardware. Hopefully I can get it done before the stress and craziness of work begins!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Fun! It looks so good mounted. I can't believe you got all those buttons on. When I started reading the post I was afraid you were going to post the picture of me in
my dress and running shoes. :) such a good look for me. Hope you are having fun in class!