Thursday, January 29, 2009

Things I've never done #1- Eye Doctor

So, inspired by my last post, I decided that some of my entries will focus on the new things that I do. I wish my first entry was a little more exciting like "I went sky diving" or "I just got back from Spain" but my first visit to the eye doctor will have to do. I have been having these really bad headaches for the past couple of weeks and I know that I don't see the best from far away, so I decided to have my first trip to the eye doctor. Keely works at an eye doctor so I went there and it ended up being quite an experience. First of all, it was very hard for me to allow my little sister to run tests on me. I could not stop laughing. I don't know if it was because I was nervous or because the carreer aspirations of the lady putting drops in my eyes was once "My little Pony." After laughing through all of the preliminay tests and getting her in a little bit of trouble (I don't think the doctor really cared but we were being pretty loud) the doctor took a look (my eyesight is not bad enough for glasses yet). Then I sat in the lobby waiting for my eyes to dialate so he could take a deeper look, and this jerk from England or Austalia, or Ireland, or one of those countries with an accent, was getting an attitude because he had a soccer game to get to and he was going to be late. I was feeling friendly so I told him that I used to play and coach soccer but with the mention of AYSO he went off. "AYSO has bloody ruined American soccer. Everyone plays is bulls***" and so on. He was so rude. He then complained so much that the doctor saw him eventhough I was first. So while he was in the office my sister, her colleagues and I made fun of him. When all was said and done I left with eyedrops and a side ache from laughing so much. It was a good first trip.

No comments: