Friday, January 2, 2009

2008- What a year!

2008 was a year full of highs and lows. I have had some of the most amazing and most tragic events of my life happen all in one year, and it makes me anxious and hopeful for 2009. Lets break it down to Love, Travel, Health, and Home.

Love- Oct. 2008 marked our second wedding anniversary. Married life is amazing and I continue to feel so lucky that I have Chris. This new years marked nine years for our relationship and it is such a special feeling to have someone in your life that has seen you through everything. My sister's were 13 and 15 when we got together! He has seen them grow and we have grown together. For our anniversary he took me to Paradise cove for a beautiful sunset and dinner. I also added a couple of new loves to my life this year: charlie and dodger. They are my babies. i spoil them rotten and love them to death.

Travel- 2008 was not the biggest travel year for me because of the health and home category, which I will discuss. Nevertheless, I was still able to travel to a few new places. Chris and I started the year with a trip to Vancouver. I loved it there! The city, snow, and wonderful outdoor adventures were amazing. We walked across Capilano suspension bridge, went to the mountains to play in snow, and took a seaplane ride to Victoria for the day.The Next rip was a girls trip with my mom and sister. We spent a few nights in Seattle, and I loved it. Like Vancouver, I had never been to Seattle. We ate, walked, shopped, went to the space needle... (about every touristy thing you could think of). And before we left, my mom and whit got some ink. After that Chris and I spent a few weekends traveling around California. San Diego for a week, Orange County of Jessica's wedding, San Jose for Will's wedding, Santa Cruz, and Catalina.

Health- This was a category I never really dealt with before, but this year it consumed me. We started the year with Keely in the hospital. She spent a week in the hospital with kidney failure due to pneumonia. She thought it was the flu and it obviously wasn't. That was crazy! Then my grandpa spent 11 days in a coma. All of this was just in February! He did recover but has been back to the hospital 3 times since. Then I had to have surgery in August. I spent the entire summer blissfully pregnant (one of the highs), but at 10 weeks found out that I miscarried. August 18th I had to have the first surgery I have ever gone through. It was, without a doubt, the most horrible, depressing, and lonely experience I have ever gone through.

Home- Lets end on a high note. Amongst the fun, travel, and hospital visits Chris and I spent most of 2008 looking to buy our first home. In September we got the keys, and for the past three months we have put a lot of time into making it our home. It has been a stressful but amazing experience. It is a place that I feel safe and happy. It is a place where I have already hosted Thanksgiving, a housewarming party, and a New Year's party. Filling the house with friends and family has been such a highlight for me, and it is one of the experiences that has truly made it a home. We spent the last day of 2008 in our home with friends and family, eating drinking, singing, laughing, and looking forward to the things that await us in 2009!

No comments: